IAYT Certification Continuing Education Submission
Renewal of IAYT Certification is required every 3 years. To be eligible to renew you must:
Maintain your IAYT membership annually
Submit at least 24 hours of continued education within the 3 year period
Pass the IAYT Ethics Quiz (to be available online beginning in 2018)
Continuing education hours can be acquired through a variety of sources, including:
Attendance/Participation directly with IAYT:
- Participating in the IAYT conferences, (SYTAR and SYR, will count up to 22 and 15 continuing education hours respectively. These hours are awarded automatically once attendance is confirmed.
- Passing the IAYT Ethics Quiz. You will receive credit for 2 hours of continuing ethics education. Passing this quiz is a requirement for renewal for all C-IAYT holders. These hours are awarded automatically upon successfully passing the quiz.
Attendance/Participation outside of IAYT: (The following are the types of training, participation, and activities that may be submitted by using the form below for individual approval by IAYT.)
- Completing courses and workshops that support one or more of the competencies identified within the IAYT Educational Standards for the Training of Yoga Therapists. These can be found on the website under the Accreditation heading.
- Teaching yoga therapy courses or workshops that support one or more of the competencies (contact hours only). ONLY the first case of teaching the course/workshop may be submitted for consideration.
- Hours spent in individual clinical supervision with a mentor or in peer supervision groups with a mentor that support one or more of the competencies.
- Any American Red Cross (or international equivalent) CPR course will count as 1 continuing education hour.
Additional Information About Current Requirements and Future Plans
Initial requirements for Continuing Educations requirements were set when the IAYT Certification process began in May 2016. These allow broad acceptance of credits as long as they are aligned to the Educational Standards for the Training of Yoga Therapists. Planning is underway for IAYT to set up a process for Approved Professional Development (APD) courses, and to partner with C-IAYTs and organizations to offer these IAYT pre-approved CE courses. More information about this will be shared with all IAYT members as the process is developed.
The continuing education requirements for subsequent renewals of certification will be revised as we engage in these efforts to increase CE options and further develop our continuing education approval process.
Submitting Current CE Information